Recovery and Cleaning
QCi Restoration acts swiftly to minimize damage to your personal property. After a disaster more than just the structure is affected. Everything inside is in danger of being ruined including family heirlooms , pictures, memorabilia, computers, televisions, home movies, important documents, clothing, and furniture.
We understand salvaging as much personal property in your home or business as possible is your top priority. As a result, it is our top priority, too. Our approach to contents restoration is a four step process.
How We Help:
Step 1: Pack-Out Your Personal Property
- An on-site photo inventory of all personal property is taken.
- All personal property is carefully packed using bubble wrap, blankets, shrink-wrap, and any additional methods necessary to ensure safe transport of your items to our secure processing facility.
Step 2: Inventory Your Personal Property
- Items are photographed, labeled, inventoried and stored in the QCi secure processing facility.
- You will be able to identify rush items at the beginning of the process that you would like returned as quickly as possible.
Step 3: Clean Your Personal Property
- Each item is inspected and evaluated.
- Items that are deemed salvageable are then professionally cleaned and deodorized to Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards
- Items that are deemed unsalvageable are photographed and logged. Once you and your insurance adjuster have signed off on these items, they are disposed of.
- You and your insurance adjuster will receive an updated inventory listing that contains the salvageable and unsalvageable contents.
Step 4: Store Your Personal Property
- Personal property is stored in individual vaults until you want it delivered to your restored home.
Clean and Restore Equipment
QCi Restoration’s secure storage and contents processing center enables us to handle your belongings with care. Our expert staff will dry out, decontaminate and/or stabilize your contents in a climate-controlled setting.
We use industrial-type wash and clean systems that clean and restore items after a fire, flood or other disaster. It can hold items such as clothing, boots, bags, etc., and is also safe to use for more valuable items such as keepsakes, leathers, and mementos. The items are placed into compartments, and then rotated through a mixture of water and custom-blended detergent, for a safe and effective cleaning.
After your contents are evaluated, cleaned and/or restored, we secure them in individual storage crates.
QCi Restoration offers professional cleaning services to bring your residential property back to like-new condition after damage resulting from a fire, water, storm, mold, or crime-scene situation. Our cleaning team that is certified to meet the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards and experienced in the most current restoration cleaning techniques and equipment.
How We Help:
- Hard Surface Cleaning
- Tile & Grout Cleaning
- Carpet and Rug Cleaning
- Upholstery and Furniture Cleaning
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, & Air Conditioning) Cleaning Services
- Mold Eradication
QCi Restoration’s trained technicians will thoroughly clean your ceramic tile, natural stone, grout, and masonry surfaces. Our services can include deep-down extraction when needed, and preventive care with protectants.
To protect your investment in home we can professionally clean and seal your vanities, floor surfaces, granite or stone counter tops, bath and other wet areas. Your stone surfaces like granite and quartz may seem “hard” to the touch but it is actually porous, which and can absorb spills and stains if left untreated. Our trained technicians can choose and apply the right sealant to your hard surfaces to protect it from damage and restoring its beauty.
Among the sealants and protectors we use are:
- Water Repellent
- Color Enhancer
- Oil Repellent
- Grout Haze Protector
- Soap Scum & Hard Water Deposit Repellent
- Sunlight/ UV resistant
Carpet and Rug Cleaning
QCi Restoration provides carpet and rug cleaning to restore those surfaces of your home to pre-disaster condition. Our trained technicians make the effort to fully understand the specific cleaning needs of your particular carpet and address any concerns you may have before proceeding.
Related services we offer:
- Specialty Stain Removal
- Specialty Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Deodorization
- Carpet Protection
Upholstery and Furniture Cleaning
QCi Restoration can safely clean your upholstery or furniture whether it is made of natural or synthetic fiber. Our cleaning process can restore the beauty of your furniture and make them last longer. Most furniture manufacturers recommend professional cleaning on a regular basis to uphold their warranties.
Among the upholstered items we will clean are:
- Boat interiors
- Auto/RV interiors
- Miscellaneous items – call for more information
HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning
All too often it is the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and air duct system that contributes to poor indoor air quality. QCi Restoration can provide a ductwork inspection as part of your regularly scheduled maintenance. Dirty ducts can circulate contaminants, odors, and irritating dust throughout your home.
In addition to air duct cleaning, QCi Restoration offers HVAC inspection and cleaning. A through HVAC cleaning can help you keep your equipment operating at peak performance for many years.
Dry Ice Blasting
QCi Restoration uses state of the art Dry Ice Blasting cleaning technology to provide the fastest, safest, most cost-effective cleaning in the restoration industry.
Dry ice blast cleaning uses solid carbon dioxide (CO2), a non-abrasive media that won’t damage surfaces. The accelerated, super cooled dry ice particles are blasted at supersonic speeds and sublimate on impact resulting in the surface being cleaned, lifting dirt and contaminants off the underlying substrate.
Dry ice blasting cleaning is a better cleaning technology because it leaves no secondary waste material. Other cleaning techniques, like soda blasting, leave behind a waste material that adds to the cleaning time and cost.
Dry ice blasting cleaning is also a Green Technology because it uses reclaimed CO2 and does not produce or add CO2 into the atmosphere. No toxic chemicals are used in this process.
Dry ice blasting cleaning is faster and saves labor cost. No wonder it is used safely and effectively by many industries including printing, food processing, manufacturing, electronics, automotive, packaging, rubber and plastics, and utilities.
QCi Restoration is there when needed 24/7 to restore any area affected by tragedy to a safe environment to live and work. When crisis strikes the QCi team of highly trained, compassionate and discreet professional technicians will respond immediately to remediate the situation.
Among the situations causing bio-recovery clean up:
- Unattended death
- Meth Lab
- Crime scene residue
- Animal clean up
Wherever unwanted water can provide the catalyst, there will be mold development. Floods and fires can be an immediate source of unwanted water. The effects from floods are obvious, but a fire can also be a starting point for mold. The water used to fight the fire can go everywhere, and sometimes it enters poorly ventilated areas and sets the stage for mold to develop.
Minor and sometimes major health problems can result from exposure to mold. A mold inspection is necessary to determine if mold is present and what type of remediation is required. QCi Restoration can send a certified mold inspector to determine your actual spore count and conduct tests to learn where the mold is originating. Only a certified mold inspector using special equipment can identify the types of mold present in the area, because it is often invisible to the human eye.
The inspector will recommend how to remove or clean up the mold based on the type of mold found. The QCi Restoration team will take the necessary steps to kill the mold and take steps to prevent its return.
Mold Damage Demolition
It is essential to work with a Certified Mold Remediator during demolition. This is because mold spores can be dislodged so easily, especially from dry materials, and then become aerosolized. Our professionals use the correct dust suppression methods to limit the release of airborne mold spores.
These steps are followed by our team to ensure your safety:
- We double bag materials, sealing bagged items inside a second bag, before we move them outside of the containment area.
- We carefully pack sharp items that might puncture poly materials them so they cannot penetrate the material.
- We use HEPA vacuuming and damp wiping to clean the interior surfaces, tools and containment materials.
- Before turning the HEPA vacuuming equipment off, we seal the intake to prevent back flushing of filtered contaminants.
Mold Damage Containment
Multiple containment methods are used by the QCi Restoration mold damage containment team in order to control the mold situation.
Mold and Mildew Remediation Steps:
- Minimize the risk of cross contamination by verifying that the ventilation system is sealed off or isolated from mold-contaminated work areas.
- Separate areas with different mold conditions from each other by using containment barriers. Use source, local or full-scale containment methods.
- Create a transitional space between work areas and unaffected areas of the building by setting up an appropriate entry and exit to the decontamination area and to the containment areas.
- Containment flaps should be installed that will provide a neutral pressure zone or control air passing through the chamber. A decontamination area may not be necessary for small containments for smaller contaminated areas.
- Use Air Filtration Devices (AFDs) set up in a negative-air mode to establish and maintain negative pressure differentials. Air flow controls may be established before or after containment is installed, depending on the circumstances.
Mold Cleanup and Evaluation
After demolition of the affected areas, our professionals thoroughly clean the work area to remove all dust and debris. The containment is purged, diluting its air with conditioned new air. Minimal moisture remains on surfaces when we combine HEPA vacuuming with damp wiping. We allow time for dust and spore settling between cleaning rounds.
A post-remediation evaluation is conducted by our supervisor to verify that the remediation process was completed to our specifications.
Finally, an Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) does a complete examination, including a sensory inspection of the affected area(s) to ensure that all visible dust and debris, contaminated materials and malodors have been removed and the project has been successfully completed.