It is completely normal to find mold spores in a home. Typically, regular household cleaning will help keep mold levels low. The most important factor in preventing mold growth is to always dry excess water.
Mold becomes a problem when there is excessive moisture and humidity. Leaky pipes, a water main break, flood water or heavy rains can cause mold to grow. If you believe that there is an unsafe mold situation in your home or business, contact a qualified, certified mold remediation contractor like QCi restoration to remediate the situation.
Cleaning the surface is not enough to truly remedy an unsafe mold situation. The mold needs to be killed and the conditions which allow the mold to exist must be remedied.
The process of mold remediation:
- Eliminate the moisture that originally triggered the mold growth.
- Obtain a hygienist report to determine the protocol.
- Seal the affected area off from the rest of the structure to prevent mold spores from spreading.
- Remove salvageable items for professional restoration.
- Remove, inventory, and dispose of unsalvageable personal property.
- Remove porous materials such as carpet, padding, and drywall.
- Dry the affected area. We use two types of drying technologies:
- LGR (Low Grain Refrigerant) Dehumidifiers are designed for quick placement and start acting fast on reducing high moisture levels. They are portable and energy efficient.
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers have built-in absorbent materials. They draw large volumes of humid air through the unit; the highly saturated air is absorbed into the silica wheel. The wheel is heated up to remove the captured moisture and the air is expelled to the outside. The remaining air stream is extremely dry and carries a very low vapor pressure. This air is delivered to the affected areas and quickly and effectively dries out the wet materials.
- Clean the underlying structure with a biocide detergent.
- Clean the air through negative air pressure. Use the latest technology, including HEPA vacuum to remove harmful allergens.
- Apply a mold-inhibiting protective coating to prevent future growth.
- Begin the reconstruction process.
Ensure your family’s safety by letting us remove the mold or having us do a mold inspection of your property and explain how your problem can be solved. We follow the highest industry standards and service is our priority. From estimate to completion our clients are able to feel at ease knowing they have true professionals working to correct their indoor environmental issues.
How We Help:
- Mold Testing
- Mold Inspections
- Mold Remediation & Removal
- Mold Damage Containments
- Mold Damage Demolition
- Mold Demolition & Cleanup
- Water Damage Restoration
- Preventative Mold Treatments